Sunday, June 14, 2020

Oh, Brother!

We have a Brother MFC240C multifunction printer that has served us faithfully for years.  Lots of years - in electronic terms, it's practically an antique.  
Last Wednesday, it quit.  
It didn't quit entirely - it sill copies and it still scans, and if I had the phone line plugged in, I'm assuming the fax function would work as well. 
What it will not do is print, and that, of course,  is its primary function.

 
I've run all the diagnostics - uninstalled both the printer and the print drivers - nothing works.  Print jobs either drop out of the print queue as though they printed, or they just sit there forever.  The best result I've had was an error message, but that only came up once.
This morning, I went on line and ordered a new H-P printer from Best Buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment