Monday, March 23, 2020

Shopping Report - HEB Curbside


Here's a report on my first experience with ordering groceries on line:
Last Tuesday I went to the HEB website and ordered a bunch of groceries.  When I got My "shopping cart" full, I went to check out and discovered that the earliest I could pick them up at the Atascosita HEB was March 29!  I looked for alternatives and found that I could pick my order up at the new store on Northpark today at 2  p.m.
I got there early because I didn't really know what I was doing, but the Curbside Pickup area is well marked, easy to find, and it's covered - which could be a major plus on hot or rainy days.  I pulled in and texted the store with my parking place at about a quarter til two.  The guy came out with my groceries almost immediately and I was out of there by ten til.
They ask, in order to maintain social distancing, that you remain in your vehicle and let them load your stuff for you.  That was fine with me.
Positives are that it is all ridiculously easy, and the selections they made were just as good as those I would have made myself.
The one HUGE negative is that with everybody using the option, lag time from order to pick up is going to be several days.  If there is something you really need, you better go try to find it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment