Sunday, January 19, 2020

The 25th Day of Christmas

One of my across-the-street neighbors has an attractive white fence along the front of his property, and this year he decorated the fence - all of it, almost 300 yards - with a string of Christmas lights.  It was really lovely.
Or perhaps I should say is - because they are still up and he still has them on every night!  
Please understand that I'm not being judgmental,  I don't mind at all and the do look nice. They're certainly not hurting anything - except maybe his wallet when the light bill comes due.
There is one thing that bothers me, though, and it's driving me nuts... 
The lights come on before the sun sets, then somewhere around 6:00 or 6:30, they go off again.  When we come back out an hour or so later, they'll be back on again and they stay on all night.
When, how and why he burns his Christmas lights is his business - certainly none of mine - but why he turns them off for an hour each evening has me baffled,

No comments:

Post a Comment