Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Sunfall

I saw an amazing natural display this morning – something I had never seen before.  I’m not sure what to call it, and I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to describe it well enough, but it was something to behold.

It was foggy this morning, and the sunrise was nothing special – no brilliant colors on the eastern horizon - the day just transformed from dark to light.  An hour or so later, I was standing at the back door looking east when the fog began to dissipate. 

We think in terms of fog lifting, but in this case it was falling, falling in an absolute deluge of droplets so small they should have been invisible.  They were visible, though. Each miniscule droplet became a lens that picked up, amplified and projected the light from the rising sun.

It only lasted a few minutes, but it was a remarkable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment