Monday, January 16, 2012

3M – Snow – and Miss America

In the early 70’s when I first went to 3M headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota, I discovered that – compared to women from the South or Southwest - girls from the upper Midwest all have large ankles. 

Of course, that is a generalization, and all generalizations have their exceptions, but it seemed to me that Minnesota girls, even the slender ones, had much thicker ankles than their counterparts in Texas.  Sort of like comparing the legs of a Percheron and a quarter horse.

I was reminded of this yesterday when I saw the photos of Wisconsin’s Laura Kaeppeler,  the new Miss America.

 

Laura Kaeppeler miss-america-011412- (3)

Laura Kaepler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m not saying that she is not attractive, and I guess a preference for a more tapered ankle may be based (at least in part) on what we are used to seeing, but those are some hefty ankles.

My personal theory is that they get that way from slogging through all that snow up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment