Saturday, October 8, 2011

Birds, Bees, Nudity and Earthquakes

Back on September 15th, I reported on the honey bees taking over our hummingbird feeders.  I told how reducing the concentration of sugar in the water caused the bees to lose interest. That tactic  worked immediately, and is still working – sort of. 

Most of our hummers have left – didn’t see more than three at a time yesterday – and the bees have returned.

There are not nearly as many bees, not more than 12 or 15 at any one  time, and they only hit whichever feeder is currently in direct sunlight – ignoring the ones in the shade.  Once the sun and the shade move, they do, too.

-0-

I didn’t make any predictions, but maybe I displayed some sort of weird prescience.  Then again, maybe not, but -

This past Thursday, I did a piece that mentioned nudity and Dancing with the Stars. Yesterday, headlines trumpeted the fact that Cinthia Fernandez, dancing on the Argentinean version of DWTS, performed a routine that featured total nudity and simulated sex – and she did it with her parents in the audience!  There are links to the video, but I’m not going to post one here.  Not that I’m prudish, I just think if you want to watch, you ought to have to work at it.

-0-

Finally, back on September 20th, I did predict a major earthquake for California.  Hasn’t happened yet, but I’m sticking by my statement.  Has to happen, sooner or later, and when it does – I’ll look like a wizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment