Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Some Days, Nothing Goes Right

failure-success

From Houston’s Channel 2 News yesterday:

STAFFORD, Texas — A couple was wounded in an apparent attempted murder-suicide on Tuesday, police said.

Stafford police said a man shot his wife at a home in the 800 block of Childers Street at about 7:45 a.m.

The man then turned the gun on himself, investigators said.

Both were hospitalized in critical condition. Their names have not been released.

Investigators have not said what sparked the shooting.

Neither murder nor suicide is funny, and I really shouldn’t make light of someone’s misery, but I just can’t help myself – I don’t know these people and you don’t either, so what the heck. 

The story just begs to be decorated with aphorisms:

  • If at first you don’t succeed….
  • Guns don’t kill people, people do – (or not!)
  • Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

I’m sure you could add your own  to the list – feel free to do so in “comments” – but like the gent in the story, I think I’ll stop before I do anything irreversible.

No comments:

Post a Comment