Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Nodding Off

For the last year or two, I have been nodding off whenever I could.  Drives Honey nuts, but I never considered it a problem until I almost fell asleep driving down the highway. 

Anyway, I took part in a sleep study over the weekend to see if sleep apnea is to blame. I didn't go into the sleep lab but did the whole thing from home.  We installed an app on my phone and matched it to a device that I taped to my index finger before going to bed.  It connected via Bluetooth and sent the information to the lab.

In the morning, after all the info was downloaded, the app had a short survey.  That survey was the only thing about the procedure that didn't make sense.  It asked:

  • How long did it take you to fall asleep?  ____ minutes.
  • How often did you wake during the night, and what time? ____
  • Was this a typical night?  
  • Did you wake more often? ___                                                                                               less often? ___                                                                                              about the same? ___
How in the heck am I expected to answer these questions if I am asleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment