Sunday, October 10, 2021

Up In Smoke

 Both of our Dachshunds passed away in 2019, and, although we hadn't really talked about it, Honey and I had both been thinking about getting another dog.

That was why a post I saw last Sunday seemed like Destiny.  

The post had a picture of Smoky, a black Chiweenie who needed a home.  His owner had recently died, her husband works out of town and the woman who was keeping him had a dog of her own and a landlord who only allowed a one dog maximum.

I was the first to reply, but didn't hear anything back until Wednesday.  Since then it has been a comedy of errors - promises to bring the dog, then various reasons why it didn't happen.  I finally texted her this morning with three options:

  • She could bring Smoky out today.
  • I would come pick him up.
  • We could just decide it wasn't meant to be.

 She replied that she would bring him, but she was worried that he would not do well by himself since he was so used to having her dog for companionship.

I told her to forget it.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment