Friday, August 13, 2021

Cousin?

 

Yesterday, out of the blue, my daughter Cheryl received an email from a woman who makes her living connecting folks to their families through genetics and genealogical research.  

She attached the picture I've posted above.  

She said the woman was Vietnamese, born about 1969, and her DNA made her a familial match to the Boyd (my mother's) side of our family.  She then asked if I had served in Vietnam, because, if I had, there was a good chance Cheryl was the woman's half sister.

Well, I was in the Army from 66 to 68, but I spent my entire time protecting Central Texas from the Viet Cong.

She does show a remarkable resemblance to my grandmother and a couple of my aunts, but, as far as we've been able to determine, none of my cousins was in Vietnam either.


No comments:

Post a Comment