Thursday, April 29, 2021

The Itch Adventure

 Several years ago, while on vacation, we purchased an absolute miracle drug.



For bug bites or poison ivy, just a dab on the affected area and the relief is instantaneous.  

The tube is almost empty, so I went on line to order some more.  Amazon listed it, but said  it was out of stock and they had no idea when or if they would get more.  I did find it at Jolly's Pharmacy on the Caribbean island of Dominica.  It was cheap - $3 something a tube - but DHS delivery was $27 and change. Since I hadn't been able to find the stuff anywhere else, I ordered it.

Yesterday, I got an email from DHS saying I would need proof of a doctor's prescription to get the delivery through customs.  I replied that it was an over-the-counter topical ointment and no prescription should be required, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

This morning, I did an internet search for diphenylhydramine hydrocloride, the active ingredient, and was amazed to learn that our miracle medicine was a generic form of ---

I ordered some from Amazon, so we will get some anti-itch ointment one way or another.
Editors note- If you look carefully, you'll see the QC picture I posted says "compare to Benadryl" on the box, but it doesn't say that anywhere on the tube.  

No comments:

Post a Comment