Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Ouch

I had a Mohs procedure done on my arm yesterday. This is a surgical procedure to insure that all of a cancerous growth is removed - in my case it was a squamous cell carcinoma.
With the huge bandage they put on, it looks a lot worse than it was.  The surgeon removed a chunk of my arm about the size and shape of a poker chip.  They do a frozen section while you wait, then go back and remove some more if all the edges aren't clear. It took a couple of hours, didn't hurt, and I drove myself back home after.
When I say it didn't hurt that isn't entirely correct.  It woke me up about 2 a.m. but most of the soreness was from holding my arm in unusual positions trying not to make anything worse.
The good news is that they got it all - the bad news is I'm back where I was after the cataract surgery with strict orders not to lift anything heavier than a loaf of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment