Monday, July 22, 2019

Laundramat

I'll admit I never saw that sign, but in our travels over the past few years, we've seen things at definitely qualify as odd - including some stuff that makes you glad you own a washer and dryer at home.
The sign did remind me of something I'd forgotten, and the statute of limitations must have run out years ago, so....
A college friend -I'll call him Larry - landed a job as the attendant at a washeteria.  He kept the filters emptied and the change machine and soap dispensers filled.  For that, he got a very small salary and an apartment on the second floor above the laundromat.
One night, after a night on the town, we decided to stop by and see him.  I honestly don't remember whose idea it was (probably John Stuckey, but it might have been me) but we put a six pack of empty beer cans in a dryer put in some coins and turned it on.
It was remarkable how quick Larry made it out of bed and down the stairs.  He didn't think it was a darn bit funny, but we were laughing too hard to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment