Thursday, September 17, 2015

Not the Best Day

Thank goodness yesterday is over.

It wasn’t the worst day I ever spent, but it was far from being the best.

I took the truck through the new car wash at the recently reopened Shell station in New Caney.  The machine ripped the glass out of my right side mirror.  I could see it happening, but there was nothing I could do. 

After the wash was over, I retrieved the mirror and reinstalled it.  It still works, but a spider web of cracks makes it almost useless.  Assuming the parts guy at the dealership quoted me a price on the right replacement, it’s going to cost $65.  I’m not even sure about that, because I can’t find the part number he gave me anywhere on the internet.

I wasn’t the only one having a bad day – our dog Tinker managed to get snake bit again.  She’s fine, in fact we weren’t even sure she had been bitten for almost an hour after it happened.  They have built up such a tolerance over the years that the only symptom was some minor swelling, and a little Benadryl took care of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment