Sunday, January 18, 2015

Finding A Stopping Spot

cinderella1

Nine days ago, I reported on the new SHARK steam mop that Honey got for Christmas.  Yesterday was the day when we were going to do the rest of the tile – the utility room, kitchen and dining area – that I did not do the first day.  I can’t say I was looking forward to it, but I didn’t think it was going to be a major event. It wouldn’t have been, except - -

Overall, the floor looked pretty good before I started, but there were a few stained tiles that needed some special attention.  I had a gallon jug of Purple Power brand degreaser out in the garage, so I put some in a spray bottle and cleaned a couple of the tiles by hand.

Those tiles looked so much better, so much cleaner, that we ended up cleaning the entire Kitchen and utility room on our hands and knees, scrubbing each tile and the surrounding grout with Purple Power and a Scotch-Brite sponge. 

If you’re looking for a highly effective cardio exercise, this is it. Actually, it is something that someone of my age and physical condition probably shouldn’t even consider, but the contrast between clean and really clean tiles was just too much.  If Honey hadn’t spelled me – she did half the work - we would never have made it as far as we did.

We still have the dining area to do today – another 100 or so tiles to scrub – and we are both already so stiff this morning that we can hardly move.  That’s what happens when good enough isn’t good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment