Thursday, April 11, 2013

BBQ

On the way home from our Bluebonnet Tour on Tuesday, we stopped at the Waller County Line Barbeque for a late lunch.  If you’ve never been there, it is an experience – it is a combination restaurant, bakery, convenience store and Shell gas station with an adjoining (separate entrance) saloon.  When you pull in, the smell will have you salivating before you can get parked and exit your vehicle. Their barbeque is world-class, and they feed you a TON

Honey and I both ordered the stuffed baked potatoes, an almost guaranteed heart attack in a Styrofoam box.  It’s a BIG potato with the usual trimmings – bacon, chives, cheese and sour cream – buried under a HUGE scoop of chopped barbequed beef. We ate what we could ( just less than half an order had us both stuffed to the gills) and brought the rest home for dinner. 

Out of curiosity, I weighed what we brought home.  Mine maxed out our kitchen food scale before I could let go of the package, so I weighed them on the bathroom scale.  I weighed them by themselves, and then I weighed myself with and without the food.  The part that we did not eat for lunch weighed slightly over three pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment