Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering Nine-Eleven

wtc_9-11

Like just about everyone else this morning, I’m remembering the events of ten years ago today.

I was a technical trainer for IKON in Houston, and on the way into work that morning I heard on the radio that what they first said was a small plane had crashed into the World Trade Center in New York. 

We had a large TV in my classroom to show images from my laptop to the students, and we quickly jury-rigged an antenna.  Reception in the building was poor (especially with our coat-hanger rabbit ears) but one local station came in well.  We got the system up and running in time to see the second plane crash into the second tower.

My manager came in to tell me to turn it down – he said that the noise was bothering people out in the general office area - but when he saw what was happening, he quietly sat down to watch. 

I didn’t do any teaching that day, but we all learned lessons we can never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Tears were rolling down my cheeks as I saw the second plane hit Tower 2. I witnessed people jumping to their deaths, and finally both towers going down. My rage continues to this day as I have investigated every source of information I could. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE4HaRfbDrs Kirk Dabney

    ReplyDelete