Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rob Couch – Man of Mystery

When I enrolled in elementary school, there were already two Robert’s and three Bobby’s registered for my class.  My teacher thought that was more than enough, so she convinced my mother that I should be Robbie, a name I hated but which stuck with me for years.  Even today, my sister and a few very old friends still call me Rob.

I was fooling around on the Facebook website a while back and discovered 15 people named Rob Couch listed – 14 guys (and one teenaged/20 something girl who posted a pic of herself in her bra [mostly] as her profile picture.) 

23246_100001308787002_9324_n

There are lots of Bobs and Roberts, but for whatever reason, on this particular occasion I was concentrating on the Robs.

The guys named Rob seemed to be about evenly split between England and the USA, which makes me think that Rob must be a more common nickname over there.

I sent friend requests to a few of the fellows – thought it might be fun to keep up with my namesakes – and although he did not “Friend” me, I started to get all the photos posted by the young man below:

Rob Couch and babyI knew when I contacted him that he was from London, but that was about all.  I never got to see anything he wrote, just the pictures, but from what I did see,  I learned that:

  • the baby is his God-daughter.
  • his girlfriend is about 25~30 lbs overweight but very attractive.
  • he likes sports car racing.
  • they enjoy outdoor activities.
  • he takes lots of pictures with his cell phone.
  • his car just turned 10,000 miles.  Don’t know what kind of car, but he published before/after pics of the odometer, and it was in miles – not kilometers.

Last week, I wrote to him again.  I advised him that although he hadn’t approved or disapproved my friend request, I was getting all of his pictures.  Today, I can’t find him at all.  No record of the messages I sent him – he doesn’t show up on a search – it’s like he never existed at all.

I suspect that I have been blocked, and I wonder.  Did he think I was some sort of trans-Atlantic stalker?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment