Saturday, March 13, 2010

For the Birds

 

It occurred to me that I’ve taken a lot of photographs of birds over the past two years, and I thought I would share some of them with you today. 

The first is one of a pair of owls that nest on our property.  It was early morning when I shot this and he was in a white-oak tree outside our kitchen window.

 

Our Owl

 

Not all the birds I photographed were real.  This is a chainsaw sculpture from Highway 90 in Biloxi.

 

Pelican

 

I did photograph some live pelicans in Key West.

 

Pelican 1 Pelican 2

 

And some seagulls near St. Petersburg.

 

IMG_2135 Will Pose for Food 1

 

There were peacocks at the Fountain of Youth Park

in St Augustine.

 

Peacocks at Fountain of Youth Park

 

And speaking of white birds, there was the albino buzzard at a State Park in Alabama.

 

IMG_2236

 

Other “park birds” included the Ospreys in Yellowstone

 

Osprey Nest- dad brought lunch

 

and the Raven at Bryce Canyon

 

Raven at Ponderosa - Bryce NP

 

I also photographed hummingbirds in a campground in Chama, New Mexico 

 

hbird

 

And a mother hawk on her nest in my own back yard

 

mom on nest

No comments:

Post a Comment